Monday, May 25, 2009

Today's Thrifty Treasures

I am participating this week in Rhoda's Today's Thrifty Treasures event. I have SO enjoyed reading over the last couple of weeks about everyone's thrifty finds! I love that it introduces me to new, wonderful blogs that I probably wouldn't find otherwise.

Probably about a year and a half or so ago we remodeled one of our guest bedrooms. My inspiration for the room was a pair of drapery panels found at the thrift store. You can see the blue room here and here.

Several weeks ago, as I rounded the corner at my favorite thrift store, I almost squealed out loud when I saw these sitting on the shelf.



I quickly put them in my cart and gladly paid the $2.98 each. I can't help but wonder--was there a fourth one manufactured?

Since my last post about the blue room I have also found a couple of other pieces. I found a vase to sit on the other side of the dresser. It's almost a perfect match for Josephine. The vase looks antique but is actually a MIC (made in China) piece. I believe it was around $2.00.



I also found these cute cameo pieces. They were $.99 each. The blue fabric background almost perfectly matches the wall. Please excuse the poor photography skills and the mirror glare on some of these pictures. Note to self: pick up some photography classes.



Please head over to Southern Hospitality and admire all the Thrifty Treasures.
Ok, off now to go to breakfast.

Remembering, on this Memorial Day, those who gave their life for our country. America is still the best country in the world. God bless our service men and women and God bless America.

8 comments:

The Stylish House said...

Hi Jackie,
Wow, I can’t believe you got these lovely paintings for $2.98! I am truly impressed and I like the pretty vase on your dresser. We have Salvation Army in my area and I love to shop there, especially when it is winter and no one is holding garage sales. This is my first time doing this event and I enjoyed my visit to your blog. ~Cathy~

akawest said...

How exciting to find the perfect pictures. I like your bedroom, and also the pink bathroom. The ceiling is gorgeous.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Very nice paintings, Jackie! thank you for playing today.

sara@augustfields said...

Jackie...you're so funny...i can totally relate to seeing something in the thrift store and trying to act calm while an "IT" item is staring back at you! I'm so happy for you....those paintings look great!

The Tattered Cottage said...

Absolutley beautiful and only 2.98 WOW you sure scored a great deal!! Love the vase too.
Toni

Mary said...

The paintings are so pretty and what a great price. Your room is so pretty..nice vase too!

AndreaLeigh said...

wow, i really love the frames! what a great find. congrats on your steal!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Wow! Those are wonderful especially for $2.98!!! What a deal and love the vase too!


Manuela