Monday, August 25, 2008

Mini Va-Cay 2008

I just got back from a mini vacation. We went to the Paul B. Johnson State Park in nearby Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Hattiesburg is only about a 1 1/2 hour drive from Mobile. We had a wonderful time. The weather was near perfect, considering it is the end of August and temps could have been sweltering.

There were large Lily Pads everywhere. The Water Lily blooms were beautiful!

There were also ducks everywhere. Very FRIENDLY ducks. So friendly, in fact, that when they heard the cabin door open they would come waddling up begging for bread. Here is Jacob feeding them:

This was the rear view of the cabin. The cabin had two bedrooms, a bathroom and an open kitchen/living room. It was very rustic and charming. From what I could tell most lakefront cabins had a small pier. Ours did. We stayed in cabin #1. This is one of my favorite pictures from our trip:I love the way the evening sun reflects on the water.

The fishing was wonderful. NOT! We had one afternoon when we really got some bites but the fish were tiny and not big enough to keep. It was kind of annoying because they mainly just ate our bait. Which is another story for another day. Ok, I'll tell you today. I couldn't bait my own hook. I know, I know. If you fish you should be able to bait your own hook. Well, I COULD NOT do it! The fishing really was a disappointment. So, if you're planning a trip to PBJ, plan an alternate activity from fishing.

We managed to get in a flea market and some thrifting. And in nearby Wiggins, we had the best snow cones that we'd ever eaten! All in all it was a very fun trip.

No comments: