Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Fall Ya'll



A lot of fall decorating happened at the Satterfield house over the weekend. The temperatures here in Mobile have been fall-ish, meaning daytime highs in the mid 80's and morning lows in the mid 60's. That is near perfect weather for us. What is not perfect for us is......love bugs. Scientific name = Lovus Bugus. Just kidding. We are subject to these little worrisome bugs two times per year. They have worn out their welcome.
(Thank you Goole images.)


This is the first year that I've decorated my porch for fall. My sister always gets her decoration did and it looks so cute. So, I decided to brighten up my porch. This is what we wound up with:


I found the chair at the auction in Lucedale. The bad thing was it didn't have a base. That's when you call 1-800 Dad. My dad cut the board for the base. I was going to spray paint the whole chair and base navy blue to match our shutters but then decided against it. The wood on the chair is so pretty. I can always paint it later if I want it to look more cohesive. But is junk supposed to be cohesive? I don't think so!


Now to drag out all my inside decorations.........

No comments: