Monday, September 8, 2008

Recent Yard Sale and Thrift Store Finds

I've had pretty good luck lately at yard sales and the thrift store. When we went to Hattiesburg, I found this precious pink butterfly napkin holder at the Salvation Army thrift. It was 55 cents. It is unmarked. It matches my kitchen perfectly!

I found these nice candleholders for $1.55 each. They are very nice and heavy. I haven't decided yet where I will put these. But for $1.55, how could I go wrong?


We drove to the nearby town of Wiggins and stopped in at an old fashioned trading post. I wish I would have had more time to explore in this wonderful store. Row after tightly packed row of every kind of junk imaginable. I found this cute bowl for $2.00. It's hard to tell from the picture but the bowl has a wonderful polka dot type pattern. It also is unmarked.


Saturday was a WONDERFUL yardsale day. I found so many nice things! But prolly my favorite find of the day was this wonderful quilt for $5.00. My heart almost stopped beating. It's my first yardsale quilt purchase.


Now, granted it is not handmade and was probably mass produced but still very charming!



I found these embroidered pillow cases for .50 each. There is some yellowing and a brown spot that I hope to be able to remove with a good OxyClean soak. They are gorgeous and very detailed:


We found a lot of GREAT stuff Saturday! We literally had stuff hanging out the back of the vehicle. I would count that as success!

2 comments:

Two Barking Dogs said...

Wonderful finds! Thanks for sharing.

Mama Said Sew said...

Very nice treasures! Love the quilt and the pillowcases.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. It's always nice to know someone's reading my posts. :)