Saturday, September 8, 2007

Well, here goes....

Well, here goes. I guess I’m officially a blogger. And guess what? I already have writers block. Or would that be bloggers block? I guess I could start with telling you a little about myself. I’m a thirty-something southern girl who loves God, thrift stores, garage sales, antique shops, fabric, pyrex bowls, vintage linens, lamps, interior design, and just about anything else. And, I’m afraid my new addiction is flower arranging. This is my first real attempt… what do you think?
The arrangement is made of 6 bunches of .97 Wally World flowers. The vase I found at Goodwill for .69. The small piece of foam that I used cost .10 on clearance at Wally World. My nephew Jacob told me that he could arrange one that would be better than mine. So, I told him to bring it on. Well, guess what? That boy is off the chain! I’ll have to admit that he did an excellent job! I’m pretty sure that this was his first attempt at flower arranging but MAN! And the playing field was level because he used Wally world flowers too! He found the vase at the thrift store and spray painted it black. I will begrudgingly declare him the winner…..


(He grills a pretty mean hamburger too)


This is another of my craft projects. Can you tell I’m ready for fall and cooler weather? Our temps here are still in the 90’s but I don’t care what the thermometer says. Fall is in the air! A tell tale sign is daylight. We have less and less each day. Ok, back to my project. It really wasn’t that hard. The hardest part was pulling the sticker off the glass bowl. But aren’t these beaded miniature pumpkins the cutest?


To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1, KJV

No comments: