Monday, September 24, 2007

I Have A Sickness I Tell You

Well, I've done it again. I bought more fall flowers. This time for the little niche above my bathtub. Actually Jacob did it again.

For two weeks in a row I've done my weekly cleaning and then baked a cake. This is huge for me! Cleaning alone would be huge but cleaning and baking? I'm trying to do a modified Fly Lady routine and I will say that it has definitely been working! I have my little routines and I've been sticking to them. I still have to work on the decluttering part! Anyway, I guess maybe you just feel like baking when you walk into a kitchen with a shiny sink. This is my cake from this week, right off the Duncan Hines box. Oh my goodness!

This cake is so good! It's super easy and oh so moist! I love me a bundt cake! (Actually any cake baked in a bundt pan). I can remember a time when I used to think.. how boring..a bundt cake. What was I thinking? Bundt cake is 'da bomb! This cake is made with a Duncan Hines devil's food cake mix. Is there any other kind of cake mix? If you'd like to try this cake.....

  • 1 Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
  • 1 small box of instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup oil

Mix all ingredients and pour into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until done. The easiest part of this cake is the icing. Take 1/2 cup of Duncan Hines Creamy Homestyle frosting and microwave for about 10 seconds. Stir well and then drizzle over cake. Just beware if you make this cake. It is so good. Don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments: