Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy

Tomorrow is my Daddy's 65th birthday. We celebrated this past Sunday with a cake, presents and the whole deal! The cake was made in a thrifted Wilton horseshoe cake pan. I think I paid a whopping $1.48 for the pan that still had the original J C Penney price tag on the side. He loves horses so this was the perfect cake for him. Off-the-chain Jacob did the baking honors. As he said, he wanted to go old school with the "number candles". Resistance was futile so we got old school candles! I guess that was better than 65 little candles that could have set off the fire alarm!



Here's daddy with the cake: and doing what he loves....



His horses are named Bonnie & Clyde. Cute, huh? My dad is a good man and has always been a wonderful provider for his family. He's retired now and I hope he is able to enjoy retirement for many years to come.

The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.

Proverbs 20: 7 KJV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.