Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Since I had Friday afternoon off due to the BIG HONKING ALABAMA SNOW STORM OF 2010, I decided to do a little baking. I used my Wilton mini heart cake pan and made some cupcakes and little heart cakes.

I whipped up a batch of buttercream icing in my trusty KitchenAid mixer and I was all set. I heart my KitchenAid mixer. I recently splurged and bought myself, at Jacob's insistence, a work bowl with a handle. What took me so long? Instead of the old political adage "A chicken in every pot," what about A KitchenAid in every kitchen?

Some of my sweets:

Little heart cakes
Cupcakes



I lurve this platter. It is huge. I found it in Pensacola one day when I went thrifting with Diane and Ralphie. I have used this thing time and again! It's on display right now on my table.

Here it is with more pretty cupcakes:

Now boys and girls.....it's random picture time! I don't believe I've ever posted a close up of this tole painted lamp. The detail is beautiful.




Just call this my faux flower Valentine vignette. Do not pay attention to the husband's foul weather parka on the chair at the end of the table. Stop looking at it. Maybe I should call it the faux flower foul weather parka Valentine vignette. Say that quick three times!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: