Saturday, February 13, 2010

Tacky Clock Valentine

I was in my favorite thrift store the other night and ran across this clock. It was necessary that I purchase this clock for two reasons. First, it was the week of Valentines. The week of love. How could I walk away and leave it on the shelf? Second, I knew that it would make the perfect Valentine gift for my friend Traci. We have the same sense of humor and I knew she would appreciate it as much as I did. And, it didn't hurt that it was .99 cents. So, when I went to work yesterday, in the middle of the snow storm, I whipped it out of the garbage bag in which I had carried it, and presented it to her. She loved it as much as I thought she would!

This has to be the most HIDEOUS clock I've ever seen. This clock has so much going on inside of it. I can't pick a favorite part. Is it the overall heart shape? Or is it the variety of fake flowers beneath the plastic protection? Or what about the tarnished plastic boy and girl plaque in the corner? This clock screams romance. NOT! Imagine some poor wife or girlfriend accepting this little gem. Tacky with a capital "T". So for .99 cents we had several good laughs.
The eighties called. They want the clock back.

No comments: