Monday, July 26, 2010

Christmas in July








I've waited six months to do this post. Seriously. Two things perpetuated me to do it now. #1- This is the last week of July. If I didn't do it now--then when? Christmas in August? Not so much.

#2- It is so hot here! It has been close to 100 degrees a couple of times. Couple that with our ever present humidity and it is almost unbearable. I had hoped that simply looking at these photos would cool me down. Well, not so much on that, either.

These photos are from a cute Christmas red bird vignette that I (with Jacob's help) did last Christmas. The mini tree has beautiful red birds as does the garland on the top of the dresser. The cute bird house came from the DG (Dollar General). I placed it on a red doily on my Maw Maw Vera's cake plate. The red table runner came from a yardsale. I was so pleased with how it turned out. Just think! I can re-create this in about 4 months.

No comments: