Friday, September 3, 2010

Introducing.....Ms Jackie's Junque at The Queen's Attic

Today I moved into my booth at The Queen's Attic. The Queen's Attic is located on U. S. Highway 90 in the Tillman's Corner/Theodore area. Having a "booth" has been a dream of mine for sometime. Well, today that dream became reality! The owners of The Queen's Attic are the NICEST people and allow a lot of creative license when designing your space. So....without further delay....I present Ms Jackie's Junque!



This is a view of the right side of the booth. I chose to go with a couple of brightly colored shelves. They add so much pop to your vintage collectibles and seem to draw you in as you are walking by.
Can you spy something in this picture that does not belong? Say hello to the Windex!




This is a view of the left side of the booth. I have a mid-century Drexel dresser and a baker's rack full of blue and white items. And then of course you have my vintage dress form that I'm using as a mannequin. She is dressed and ready for the rodeo! I went with a white ruffled sundress, chunky turquoise belt and western print jacket. Leather boots and suede bag complete her trendy look. But--she may be getting a change of clothes pretty soon--no respectable Southern girl would wear white after Labor Day. Ok--maybe that rule only applies to shoes. I personally would not take the chance.


This is a close up of a Willow Tree vignette that I did on top of the dresser.

This is a close up of the bi-fold doors in the corner. I picked these up at a church yardsale for $5.00. They were a yucky white and were dirty and grungy. A fresh coat of aqua paint made them beautiful! Hubby added cup hooks and I'm using it to display a few vintage aprons.
I could not have pulled it together without the help of hubby, Diane, Jacob and my Daddy. They were all such great help! Oh--believe me--when you get that many perfectionists together it can be interesting...ha ha! I wasn't sure that everything was going to fit, but it did. I was so happy with how it turned out. Now I hope everything flies off the shelves. Lord knows I have plenty to restock with!
If you are considering renting an antique booth, I say GO FOR IT! Make it a fun, creative process.
More to come.

No comments: