Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy Anniversary To My Parents - Junque Style

My family threw a surprise anniversary party for my parents this past Saturday.
This is the happy couple on their wedding day....some 49 years ago.



We decided to throw the huge party a year early. And do you know what? It was a huge success! My parents had no clue!



Now here is where the junque comes in! Several years ago i found this huge length of vintage gingham fabric at the thrift store. It had gobs and gobs of yards for only a couple of dollars. That's Alabama speak for a ridiculous amount. Since we were serving BBQ, i thought it would be the perfect time to use the gingham. We used white table covers, a burlap runner, and then puddled a piece of the green gingham on each table. We added a cute western item to the center of each table:









Most of the centerpieces were thrifted or found at yard sales!
I used the flower arrangement from my bedroom. It matched the cake perfectly!






We had their wedding album on display on a thrifted easel:


My nephew hired a photographer so I'll have more pictures to share later!!! Until then!

No comments: