Sunday, April 10, 2011




What is one of your signs of yard sale shopping success? For me--it's a full car! Well yesterday did not disappoint! I, along with my Mama riding shotgun, headed out yesterday morning at a little before six. We were at our first church school sale shortly thereafter. It was one of the best sales of the day. I found a ton of stuff, including the globe, there. I also found an almost complete set of Sears' Merry Mushroon canisters for $5.00. These will be heading to the booth soon. My Maw Maw Vera, at one point, had her kitchen done in Merry Mushroom. Maybe that's why I cant pass it up when i see it?
I sold a partial set last fall so hopefully I can sell these.

The Tommy Hilfiger shorts were found at my last stop where they were closing up and EVERYTHING was a quarter. Did i fill up a bag? Of course I did. The shorts are headed for eBay. They are In perfect condition.



I priced some more items for the booth and decided to take these two redneck coffee mugs. This is my favorite:



Ha ha! Since I live in Alabama I'm allowed to make fun of rednecks. But if you're not from here...Um don't try it. Ok? Ha ha.

So this is my absolute favorite item found yesterday. It cost me one whole dollar. I don't yet know what I'm going to do with it.












It's a play bucket of KFC chicken complete with coleslaw and mashed potatoes, a cup and two plates. The next time my husband asks "What's for dinner" I'm going to be ready for him. Holla!

2 comments:

EM said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! Now I have to devote the rest of my life to finding a KFC playset! That's awesome! Who knew such a thing existed?

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

LOVE the KFC playset! How FUN!!! Looks like you had a fun day!